Sunday, August 26, 2007

How The Ellie Got Her Stripes

Ever wonder why some animals have stripes? Well I don't know why God decided to give tigers and zebras stripes, but I do know how Ellie got her stripes.

You see, there once was a little girl who loved reading stories about and looking at pictures of animals. She even loved to visit the animals at the zoo. She would look at there fur and was amazed at all of the diffeent colors and patterns. The giraffes had spots, flamingos were pink, and zebras and tigers had stripes. The girl looked at her skin and wondered why it was so plain and ordinary. Early one morning the little girl found a pen. It was then that she decided that she too needed stripes. Her Mommy wondered what she was doing, because it was very quiet in her room. When the Mommy walked into the room she saw that the girl had drawn her own version of stripes all over her legs and was working on adding a few stripes to her little brother's arms.


The Mommy asked the little girl why she had done this and the little girl answered "Look Mommy Tiger. Grrr." The Mommy looked at the girl and thought "If she only knew how beautiful her little skin was to me."

1 comment:

Nana said...

Stripes, wet, dry or messy....I'll take them anyway I can get them. The way you feel about there skin is how I feek about yours, why do you think I always want to rub you.