Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Fairy Tale

In their dreams people imagine life as a fairy tale - far off places, grand castles and beautiful love stories. However, for me it is upon waking up that I am swept away to some far off place, my home becomes a castle and my little girl becomes the princess of her choice. Recently she been pretending to be Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" and occassionally even Scuttle (her imitation of Scuttle is hilarious). This morning she was Cinderella. First thing this morning she asked me to help her put her Cinderella gown and slippers on. After assisting her I went into the kitchen to get breakfast ready. A few moments later she came into the kitchen pretending she was crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said, in her fake crying voice, "stepsisters ripped my dress." This was so cute to me. Her memory and imagination are absolutely adorable. I love these little glimpses into what she is thinking.

On the other hand, I have no idea what Jackson is thinking and I am not sure I ever I will. How can I expect any different, just look at his father. Yes, those are my shorts he is wearing and this not the first time he has worn my clothes. So you see, my son dressed as a princess is really not unusual - he's just a lot like his father. Well, what can I say, I married him. This may not be the fairy tale I envisioned but he's my "fairy" and I love him.

2 comments:

Pappysteve said...

Oh Amber! Reading your "blogs" is better than reading a topselling novel! I laugh, I cry, and I can't wait to get back to it to see what awaits in the story! I was telling my friend, Betty, today how amazing you are, as a mother and as a woman. Who would have thought that little girl I met 25 years ago and who had such a stubborn streak (unlike Jackson and Ellie, who are not at all stubborn), would grow up to become such a caring, smart, sophisticated, and, dare I say..... perfect young woman! We love you and your family so very much!

Nana said...

I can't find the right words to describe how enjoyable it is to be with your family or how funny it is. The stories are great, but really life is better. It's like living in a comedy/drama movie 24/7.