Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jackson - 15 months

On July 23 Jackson was 15 months old. He doesn't have his 15 month appointment until Aug the 9th so I can't update you on weight and height, but post your guess and we'll make a game out of it.


To my little buddy,
Since you were born you have been "my little buddy". To this point you have been a Mama's boy but I can sense this changing. I have recently found myself calling you "my little man". This week you turned 15 months old and there is so much I don't want to forget. Like the way you wave your wrist at everyone you see, how you rock back in forth when you dance, how you burry your head when your sleepy or snuggle into the crease of my neck for comfort (even if only for a fleeting moment). You can sleep anywhere. A few of your funniest places to nap were the Pittsburg Children's Mueseum and very often you fall asleep while eating. You are growing and changing so fast. However some things never change. You still love Food and you still love to eat.

For your naps we take you into your room say night night, kiss you and lay you in your bed. Sometimes at bedtime you will let me rock you for a few minutes, but it is not very long before your little fat hand is pointing to your bed. That's my cue to get my last kiss of the night before I lay you down. Every night before I go to bed I sneak into your room to peek at you. You are either all sprawled out on your back, arms overhead or crawled up in a little ball face first into the bed. In the mornings you wake up so sweetly. Never crying and always happy, you play in your crib until we go into your room to get you. Every morning you greet us with a big smile, arms stretched out to reach for us and you are wildly jumping up and down.

You are a fish in the water, well more like a whale. You jump and kick and flop in the bath tub. You are fearless. You enjoy sliding down the slanted side in the garden tub. This scares me to death. You have recently discovered the garden hose. You love being sprayed in the face, but are not a fan when someone tries to take it from you. You LOVE being outside. When it's time to come inside or when your not allowed outside you put up one pretty good fight.

You are extremely strong willed. Our greatest challenege with you has been the fit throwing when you do not get your way or somethinmg is taken from you. You have a very sweet and loving personality and are very adventurous. You are very coordinated for your age. You are a heavy thing to hold. You have chubby cheeks that I could just bite. You have little fat legs. You really are not very fat you are just so solid.

You are a mans man. At church you will go up to just about any man and want to be held - of course this only lasts for a few seconds. You love dogs and the bigger the better. You like it when they lick you in the face and chase you. Your doggy noise sounds like "AT AT". In fact all of your animal noises sound the same dog, duck, horse, ect. You chase our cat Gilbert all over the house.

At this stage you are not a man of many words. I'm begining to wondr if it is because you always have your pacifier in your mouth. You can say Mama, Dada, thank you, please and more. Your yes sounds like Da (that's only because you have a little German in you). We rarely have to remind you to say thank you. You are always thanking us.

You still like your golf clubs and balls of any kind, but your favorite things are trucks. You love to play with toy cars and trucks and watch real ones. You love riding in big trucks and on tractors. Your favorite toy is the Sesame Street pop up. One of yur favorite things to do is stand in sissy's bed and play with her doll house furniture. It plays music which you dance to. You hold on to the edge of her bed and jump to music with all you might. Watching your little fat legs jump up and down is adorable. You love music. You love when we sing with Ellie and you can even do the motions. When she finishes a song you clap and say yeah.

You are Ellies biggest fan. She aggravates you a lot because she is faster and can beat you to things you are wanting. She also takes things from you - a lot. Recently you have started retaliating. You may be smaller but you are stronger.

One of my favorite memories with you is when you fell asleep at the beach. The beach has always been my favorite place on earth and holding you in my arms while you slept was a priceless experience. As I listened to the waves and smelled the salt air I looked at your olive skin, your little curls and your tiny little mouth. Staring at you face on my shoulder I prayed that you would always know how much I love you and more importantly how much God loves you.

Everyday is a great adventure and holds something new. I can't possibly write all of the wonderfull things that you do and I feel becaue of you, but these a few things I never want to forget.

1 comment:

Grandma Rhonda said...

Okay, my dear daughter in law you have made me sit infront of the computer balling my eyes out. (and I just put makeup on because someone is coming to the house). This has been a bad week for me anyway. I miss my kids soooooo much. I can just think of you all and start crying. How I wish I could see you. And then to hear these sweet little things about my darling grandchildren (I just saw Ellie's accomplishments also), it just gives me more to cry about. Oh well, I'll get over it (for a few minutes) and just enjoy your kids through your pictures an comments. As far as weight and height - my guess is solid!! I don't know maybe 35 pounds. Height about 3 ft 1 in. Hard to guess when I haven't seen him for 4 months. Tell Ellie that Grandma Rhonda is so proud of her that she is wearing big girl panties now. WOW, way to go my precious! Grandma loves you. Call me sometime, Ellie, when you are not too busy playing. I would love totalk to you. Everyone have agreat day.