Friday, January 26, 2007

Uncle Bubba

Today, my precious daughter will hold a marker in her little hand. Today she will just doodle, but someday she will learn to write. What she will write…well, that is completely up to her.

Today, my son will try to stand. His little feet can’t walk yet, but soon he will learn to run. And those feet will take him anywhere he chooses to go.

Tonight, my daughter will fold her little hands to say her prayers. We pray “God bless Uncle Bubba.”

Tonight, I will walk my son to his room and lay him in his crib. As I walk out of the room, I know he is safe.

This week your hands will pack your bags to go off to war. Soon, your feet will walk on foreign soil. In those hands, you’ll carry a weapon and with your hands and feet you’ll fight to protect the little hands and feet of my children.

I know that you think that what you are doing is no big deal. But to me it means everything. So with my hand, I write thank you.

We love you.
Scott, Amber, Ellie, & Jackson



1 comment:

Nana said...

This is the most awesome thing I have ever read. I cry every time I read it.