Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning 2008

For those of you who know me, you know that I always dread the holidays (well at least the ones centered around a big family meal). It's kind of lonely and sad not having any family around. Despite the absence of family, we have been blessed with some wonderful friends.

On Christmas Eve Dick and Francie Emery invited us over for soup after the Christmas Eve service. It was great getting to spend some time with the two of them.

Christmas morning was so exciting. In fact, this is the only picture I took, because I got so wrapped up in the excitement of it all.


After opening gifts we went to David and Amanda Wilder's for breakfast. They live in our neighborhood and are good friends of ours. Breakfast was delicious, but what was so special about it is David is a fireman and had been up all night.

Later that day I made the traditional ham dinner and we were joined by another great friend Bill McDaniel.

My kids were crazy the few days before Christmas. This was the first year that they understood what was going on and they were so much fun. In fact, they loved it so much that when I was taking down the Christmas tree (promptly on the 26th) Jackson cried. He also cried for two days aftyerward every time he remembered that his elf, Wolf, had gone back to the North Pole. Though Jack may have been sad to see Wolf go, I was not. Santa sent the Moore family a mischievous elf. At night he colored, painted, played with the kids toys, threw their underware all over their rooms and on their ceiling fans, knocked all the DVD's off the stand, hid in the bathtub, ate cookies and Jackson's rocket cereal, Got hung on the ceiling fan, pulled all the books off the bookshelves and a number of other pranks. Here are a few of my personal favorites...
He opened two of the kids presents two days before Christmas.

One night Wolf poured my baking flour all of the table and wrote his name in it.


Wolf's antics added to the excitement of Christmas and I am already looking forward to his return next Christmas.

1 comment:

Nana said...

How funny Hayden cried over his elf too.