Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Peace and Quiet


All week long I have been fighting a cold. Well, today it finally got the best of me and I had to leave work at noon to come home and rest. When I got home I layed down and hearing nothing but silence I felt lonely. Then I fell asleep. In a few minutes I will leave to go pick up the kids from day care, but for now the only sound I hear is the clicking of the keys as I type. I know that when I pick the kids up they will be both have crusty runny noses, Ellie's hair will be a mess, their clothes will be very dirty and after only a brief second of hugs and kisses they will be begin to fight and whine. But never the less, as I think about them I began to type a little faster in hopes of reaching them sooner. They are not perfect kids, and recently I feel as though from the time I get home all I do is discipline them. But regardless of any of that they are my kids. My precious gifts from God. He has entrusted them to me for a short while and I love them. my prayer is that even in the times of frustration that my actions will reflect my love for them. There will be moments of quiet over the years, but I will learn to cherish the noise and chaos for I know that soon it will all be over.

4 comments:

Nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana said...

Oh how beautiful, spoken with a true mother's heart. No matter how old they get, how far away they are, or what they do, you will always feel the same. I love you angel baby.

GG said...

Don't feel guilty to take a rest when you need it,& especially when you're not feeling well. It takes a lot of energy for a mother to do "everything," and you do it all well. I love you sooooooooooo much!

meredith said...

The grandma's are right. You are a wonderful mom, and I hope that I'm half as good a mom as you. Your discipline definately pays off because your kids are amazing! I wish you were here in Buffalo for me to learn from. Love you Amber!