Friday, November 2, 2007

Adventures In Halloween

Alright, so I promised that I would post more pictures and stories frm our Hallowen adventures. So here it goes...

The prepartion began on Saturday afternoon. Ellie helped prepare her treat bags for her party. We made the best treat bags ever. We gathered the finishing touches for our costumes and bought the other goodies we would need for the various halloween parties.

On Sunday evening we went to the church Fall Festival. There were games, bouncy houses, food, and of course candy. Jackson ran around like a wild man. He was very excited when he discovered that when he held his basket out and grunted people would place candy in his basket.

Here is a picture of Ellie with her best friend Elizabeth. I mean Tinkerbell and Sleeping Beauty.

Monday night Scott had a young adult's halloween bon fire. The kids stayed with a babysitter. On Wednesday, the real fun began. The kids had their parties at school. Ellie made treat bags and Jackson took chips. I made each of their teachers, little cakes shaped like pumpkins and covered them in orange icing, gave them a stem and placed them on a very pretty plate.

Wednesday morning was crazy. Not only did I have to gather everything for the kids parties and tricker treating later that night, I also had to dress up for work. I dressed as a pirate. I even had a parrot on my shoulder. Before I left for work I told Scott please drive carefully today and don't mess up my cakes! On my way, I received a call from Scott telling me to stop by the schol and fix the cakes, because he had to slam on the brakes and the cakes rolled off the plates. Well, I lost it. I had spent so much time making these cakes perfect. I was sitting in traffic crying. It was one of those crys that shook your hold body. After a few minutes I realized that the man in the car next to me and the construction workers on the other side were staring at the lady with a parrot on her shoulder who was crying histerically. The thoughht of it just makes me laugh.

The day did get better. The cakes were not in total ruin. I was late for work, but no one minded. The kids had a lot of fun tricker treating. Ellie was so sweet. Jackson didn't understand. He thought that everytime someone gave him a piece of candy he was suppose to eat it at that moment. When told otherwise he became very upset. Eventhough it seemed like the Halloween that wouldn't end, it turned out pretty good after all.

2 comments:

GG said...

What a Halloween! How cute the little ones are & Amber - well, you're still getting laughs.

Nana said...

The real story with all the details concerning the tears, the bird and the onlookers was soooooo funny. Thank you for starting my day wiyh such a great story.