Thursday, October 23, 2008

Age Is Just A Number


Ok, so one week ago today Scott celebrated his 28 birthday. This is usually the part of the post where I talk about how much we love him and how blessed we are to have him as our Dad, husband and friend. However I will spare you there cheesey sentiment. I will at this time address the photo at the top of this post. Since Scott and I were leaving after work that evening to go to Gulf Shores for the weekend, the kids and I decided to wake Scott up that morning by singing Happy Birthday. We lit candles, placed them in the danish, Ellie carried the balloons to throw and Jack was in charge of the present. Just as I went to open the bedroom door I realized that Jack was no longer with us. I went back to the kitchen and found him sitting on the floor opening the gift. Things only got worse from there. It was not until much later that I discovered the second birthday blunder. Rather than tell you my screw up, I'll just let you look at the picture and try to figure it out for yourselves.

2 comments:

Nana said...

How funny, sound like a normal day at your house. I honestly believe you have the funniest house to be in. Every one of you are cards, you just never know what's going to come up next. We love and miss you so much. XO

meredith said...

Hilarious! Happy 28th Birthday Scott!