Sunday, May 11, 2008

Princess Ellie


As of Friday, I no longer have two two year olds. That's right, my little girl turned three last week. My little princess is beautiful, smart, independent, sensitive, and very particular. Makeup, shoes, purses, princesses, and dancing are her favorite things. She remembers and repeats everything she sees and hears. Her vocabulary is advanced for her age and I love being able to talk to her. The things she says can amaze me and make me laugh. Our biggest challenge with her right now is that Ellie like to be in controll. She likes to be the "leader". When I look into those big chocolate eyes I see myself. So much of her strong personality traits are those of my own. I know that this will lead to many power struggles, but I pray that I will have the patience to help this little girl grow up in the ways of the Lord. As she grows, I know that she will provide our family with many wonderful memories. I love her so much and can't wait to see the woman she will become.

1 comment:

Nana said...

I can't believe it has been 3 years since Kevin flew me to NY to be with you when 'chocolate eyes' was born. Where has the time gone?!
You are so right, she is wonderful and sooooooooo very much like you. Enjoy every second, they are the most precious memories you will have with you forever. XO