Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ellie's Big Day

Ellie's adventure started by heading to Birmingham for a princess birthday party for the Emery girls. She was wearing a Cinderella gown and her hair was all fixed up. When we were about ten minutes away, Scott turned around and said "she took her hair down". He was only joking, but I gasped and turned around quickly. I then turned to him and quietly said "you piece of crap." Almost simultaneously we heard a little voice reply "I'm not crap". She continued saying crappy crappy crappy. At this point I thought she was saying "crabby". I shared this assumption with Scott and was quickly set straight by my sweet little princess when she said, "No I'm not, I said crappy". Well isn't that just GREAT!!! I knew there would come a day when my child would learn a dirty word, but I never thought I would be the one to teach her.

At the party Ellie had her picture made with Cinderella and made this beautiful picture frame all by herself. I was trying to help her, but she told me to go away. So I did.

When we got home from Birmingham, we went outside to play and Ellie decided that today was the day she would learn to ride her tricycle. This is the first time she has ever even wanted to try to pedal.

Today was just another day for Jackson. He cleared the room with his sticky diaper, teased his sister, and made us laugh.

2 comments:

Grandma Rhonda said...

I was so surprised to see another one so fast - BUT LOVING IT!!! ( I justcame back on so I could read AGAIN enjoy the balerina episode. )Your precious little Cinderella definitely looks like a princess. What a beautiful little girl we have. Give my little prince and princess a big hug and kiss from me.

Nana said...

Those babies are so kissable. Kiss them for us until we can do it ourselves. XO