Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Scott

Tomorrow is Scottie Too Hottie's 27th birthday. I thought that it would be nice to share our favorite Scott memories. So please share the love and post your fondest memory.

Here are a few of my favorites.

1. During childbirth Scott posponed the pushing due to his gag reflex. I firmly instructed him that if he could not get it together he needed to go out into the hallway and find someone who could. He came back with toilet paper shoved up each nostrils. My midwife and I just looked at him in disbelief.

2. Upon the birth of our daughter my husband yells out "we got a cute one". At which point the nurse said and she's healthy if you care.

3. When Scott broke his guitar (that he had for only two weeks) trying to carrying it on his back like the "cool guys".

4. When Scott - I mean Peter - chased my Grandma on our cruise yeling "Grandma loves Peter". Actually any Peter memory is a good one.

5. Scott's imitation of a show pony - enough said

I could go on. Scott has continually filled our home with laughter both intentionaly and unintentionally. But he also fills our lives with love. We love you exactly the way you are. Happy Birthday Scott!!!

7 comments:

The Maxeys said...

I enjoyed the comment in staff meeting a couple of weeks ago, "I don't remember the question."

Nana said...

I can honestly speak for all of us here....just the mention of his name brings a smile to everyones face. The thought of him crunching on chips in the closet so the kids don't know makes me laugh every time. Seeing him on a ladder painting the trim on our house....not sure if Peter wasn't involved in that, without Scott knowing. I can't even begin to name all the funny things about him. What I love the most is how much he loves his family. That brings tears to my eyes and then I remember it's Scott and start laughing again. God has blessed us more than words could ever say when he brought him into our lives. You have no idea how much you are loved Scott. XO

markr said...

Scott bouncing the ball off a boy's head in Jamaica...over and over again.
Scott driving the shuttle bus...enough said.
Scott trying to convince me to get my CDL license...just in case =).
Scott telling me "OK we'll never do a lock-in again....I learned my lesson." Fast Forward one year later...another lock-in!
Scott Moore is so big...how big is he? Scott is so big he broke his bed. True story!
Scott loving on the kids in our youth group...every time...all the time. Happy Birthday buddy!

belleza said...

I can only choose one thing? Nah, I can't do that.
Let's see. . .
Scott learning his lesson on letting kids with permits drive his car - with Caitlin freaking out on McFarland Blvd.
EVERY SINGLE TIME he got in my car him fooling with every button, knob, compartment, etc.
Telling Caitlin that the guy in the car died, as well as his small child and the golden retriever who had just given birth to a litter of puppies.
My first experience with Peter at the beach. And to think I had just met Scott.
Scott's record breath-holding attempt in my pool. That was amazing!
The day he was heart-broken upon hearing the Jessica and Nick broke up.
The fact that he'll patch his jeans with burlap and pink bandanna.
Okay, I'll stop, but really there's so many more.
Happy Birthday, Scott!!

Grandma Rhonda said...

Sorry I am late. Was not near a computer while we were in Maryland. But Happy Birthday, son! Can't believe my 'baby' is 27.
Scott was ALWAYS the life of our home!!! Always making us laugh!! He always had lots of friends and people wanting to mimic him and his ever changing hairstyles. I am soooo glad you all get to enjoy and appreciate him and be his friends. His dad and I are so very proud of him!

Pappysteve said...

Happy Belated Birthday Scott! I just got back from Atlantic City so I didn't comment sooner, but, the good news is that now I did put your birthday on my calendar so I will remember in the future! If I don't write things down, I don't know what I'm supposed to do!

But .... I think Steve and I would both agree that your sense of style is quite amusing! I loved when we were in Myrtle Beach and you and Amber went shopping and she came home empty handed but you bought yourself pink and aqua sneakers! It's great that you are so in touch with your feminine side! In spite of that (or maybe because of it), we love you and are thrilled you are in the family.

GG said...

Scott - you're a 10!! It was so good to hear compliments about your family (including YOU) when you all were at Bethany. I feel I know you a little better having been in Canada (Quebec) for a few days. Love ya lots & lots!!