Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Very Sweet Weekend

In preparation for our busy weekend I got up early Thurs. morning to start cleaning the house before heading to work. I got called in early to work so I left my cleaning and headed to work at 7:15 AM. I got off work at about 6 PM and headed to Walmart to get groceries. Then it was home to finish cleaning, do some laundry, and finish a few projects for my decorating in the AM. On Friday, I was up at 5 AM and out the door by 8 AM to decorate someone's house for Christmas (my third one this season). I finished at about 2:30 and went home to finish laundry and get ready for the Church's district Christmas party in Birmingham. We left at 5:30 and got home at 10:30 PM and I was up again at 6:50 AM. Saturday morning we got the kids ready and went to the mall to see Santa.

We grabbed some lunch while at the mall and then it was home for naptime - well at least for the kids. While the kids were napping I started making Christmas candy. Just as I was finishing our guests for the SEC game arrived and I began dinner prep.

After cooking and cleaning up, the kids and I baked sugar cookies.




After that the kids went to bed we cleaned up the kitchen and I sat down (the first time all day) to work on Christmas cards. We woke up on Sunday and went to church. After church Ellie went home with a friend and Jack went with Scott and I to our missions trip lunch meeting. at 6 PM was the annual Youth volunteer Christmas party. I could go on, but I think you get the point that things are extremely busy around here. However, note that I did not entitle this post a busy weekend, but rather choose to call it a "Sweet Weekend". Despite the business of the weekend and upcoming week, I still had a great time making Christmas memories with my children. The moral of this story is don't get too busy this season that you forget to stop and smell the sugar cookies.

3 comments:

Grandma Rhonda said...

Girl - you made me tired just reading everything - I think I need to go home and put my feet up. I hope you have had a chance since all that to do the same. Thanks for giving our grandchildren such wonderful memories!!

Nana said...

I need cookie bakers at my house!!! Those babies are so cute. The cooking outfits are adorable. The twinkle in their eyes is wonderful to see. We are really getting excited to get hold of them, 19 days and counting. XO

BPremo said...

Amber, you are definitely what they call a "Super Mom!" (Super-Mom, da, da, da, da, da da!)